CAR school

Monday 2 January 2012

Who is King?

I feel I should do the typical New Year post, reflecting over 2011 and writing about what I would love 2012 to achieve....I am not going to. I have spent SO many hours reflecting. But I also step into 2012 with lots of uncertainty and having no clue what the year will hold.

Today in church we looked at the passage in Matthew 2. It was about the Magi (wise men) who followed the star, which marked the birth of a new king.
They followed the star and found a baby - Jesus. They worshipped Him as King.

The first Sunday in every month is a 'generations service' ... so geared for everyone and the children stay in through the whole service. In the service we looked at how the Magi knew Jesus was King - and they responded by worshipping Him.

We then looked at how this effects us. How do we respond?

The response was practical. Every member of the church made a crown. Declaring on it, that 'Jesus is King' or 'Jesus is King of my life' and other similar phrases.

Then the questions were posed...
Do you trust Jesus to direct your life? Do you want to put Jesus first, put Him as King of your life? Do you want to focus your 2012 on Jesus and living for Him? (perfect date to have this service on!)

A song was played and as a sign that people wanted to make Jesus king of their lives, they were asked to place their crown on their head...


What a beautiful sight nearly 150 people with crowns on their heads....declaring they are going to do their best each day to let Jesus be King of their lives....

So I step in 2012 with no clue what will happen, or what I want to achieve out of the year.
But I step into 2012 with Jesus as King of my life....so I know it will all be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment