CAR school

Monday 14 November 2011

To the Full...

This blog and what I try and live by is based on the verse in John 10v10...

'The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life'

But recently I have really been thinking about it. What type of fullness is Jesus talking about? What does a rich and satisfying life look like?

Is it about doing everything possible in life, taking every opportunity, visiting every place you ever wanted, fulfilling everything on your 'things I want to do before I die' list, doing the things you dreamed of as a child, being the best person you can be inside, learning to be nice and love others?

Well being stuck in bed I have felt I have not been able to live to the fullest or very satisfied. I feel that as I am not in Brazil I am not living to my fullest....so it takes me back to I don't think it is all about 'doing'.

God ultimately calls us to love Him and then others....so by doing that - is that living to the full?

I think it is about us growing and developing a Christ-like character too, which in turn helps us follow the commandment in Matthew 22:37-39...

'Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself'

A Christ-like character - what is that?!
My first thoughts on this would be growing in the fruits of the spirits...'love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control' (Galatians 5:22/23). 


Becoming the best person you can possibly be, which is living fully in Christ. Surrendering your life to Him...and growing the 'fruits' in your life, and loving God and others.....and then you get the fantastic reward of having a satisfying life in Christ.

But what I notice is that He doesn't say it is going to be easy, pain free, but it will be satisfying, and I bet 100% better than having your life, stolen, destroyed and then finally death!

Just some random thoughts....but what I do know is that I want to pour myself into Jesus, to have this satisfying life with Him, whatever it may look like...

No comments:

Post a Comment